PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadet program
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2017, 00:35
dr dre

Received 357 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Coopmeup
For the record, if I am unsuccessful with any job, whether the reason(s) be a single issue or a list as long as a whole page, and whether I agree with them or not - I'll take it on the chin and attempt to address every single reason until I can say 'hand on heart' that I have done the best I possibly can in every single listed aspect to make myself a better recruitment prospect. No issue with me whatsoever.

What is total bullsh*t though, is when you meet (and/or exceed) every single advertised requirement then get a bog standard 'thanks but no thanks' email with no explanation as to where your deficiencies were.

I'd like your advice Jimnhorace how one should reflect on how they aren't good enough if they aren't told why they were not successful.

I don't want to make excuses. I can receive criticism. I can act on advice. I can make myself a better person and a better pilot... but only if I am told where I am lacking.
You're not going to get it. Companies these days don't have enough HR staff with idle time on their hands to provide in depth constructive criticism and career advice to everyone who applies to their cadetship but doesn't make it (there would be thousands). If they did a lot of rejectees would scream "unfair" at the reasons given and complain back to the company, further clogging up their resources.

Sorry to say it, but HR have zero responsibility towards failed applicants. None at all. They solely deal with succesful cadets and current employees.

If you want feedback here's a tip. Discuss your interview with your peers and mentors, and be self aware enough to realise where you may have gone wrong. If you can't do that that may be a big hint into why you failed in the first place.