PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2017, 18:07
Sk1schoolsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willy wombat
I've posted on here quite often about how I dislike using EDI (but having family in EDI while living in S.E. England I don't have a lot of choice). It winds me up that the Management seem hell bent on increasing the number of operators even though a lot of the time the terminal can't cope. I also particularly dislike the domestic arrival process when no airbridge is used - down the aircraft steps - walk across the ramp - up the steps to the departure lounge - walk through the departure lounge - down the steps to baggage reclaim. User friendly - not.
The domestic arrivals process is the norm at most U.K. Airports now, especially with the low cost carriers in play on domestic routes. Every few domestic flights get the special air bridge treatment with the exception of the BA Heathrow flights and occasional Gatwick. Only Heathrow can you almost guarantee an air bridge at the other end. If you just don't like it stop moaning get the train to the SE England for more money, more time and shoddy service. I will stick with good old EDI. It's improving and will get better with the extensions.

Oh and the airport is my anyway near capacity either. It had its peaks but plenary of quieter times too. Bring in the more direct flights.....
Be positive people growth is good....