PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed-wing or Rotary career? (incl Changing licence to Rotary)
Old 1st Sep 2003, 12:17
Notar fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DWTR,
Luckily I was only 22 (or there abouts) when I was in your quandry. I knew aviation was what I wanted, and it was going to cost me, so I buried my head in a far east country for four years to save all the tax free money I could.
When I was done, I had the decision to make, Cessna or Robbie. Funny thing was, in my youth I never looked up when a Cessna flew by. Being from an agricultural background, a machine had to have a purpose, it had to lift drag, bale, plough.......I digress!!,

I snuck into the US of A and spent my money on the best 10 months of my life. Many of those who thought me, and learned with me are long gone from this industry. I stayed with it, and embedded myself fairly deeply in it knowing the same energy expended in the "planks" would see me retired a lot younger.
I will never be as accomphlised as most of those posting on this board, but I will never supp on a pint a Guinness at Slane Castle looking at the 109s coming in and wonder....what if.
In short DWTR, the fact that you posted here, means you already know what you want to do.