PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How is the blockade affecting Qatar Airways flights
Old 13th Jun 2017, 08:39
gatbusdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say any inside info may be correct with regards loads, but not so on my last three flights, that is fact from the horses mouth. Although I do admit we are only just into the second week.

Is this causing lost revenue? Of course it is, reroutes using extra fuel as well as some longer flight times which will lead to increased operating costs. Loss of 18 destinations which had multiple flights will certainly mean it is quieter in the terminal. I hope what the chief said yesterday holds true and we can open new destinations quickly and move on.

I think people need to calm down. We seem to be getting some sweeping genaralisations about the standards of crew, state of the airline among other things that seem a little baseless to me. We also have people stating that some airlines in the Gulf are better to work for than American legacy airlines, and that NPAs and visual circuits are not important......they are.....I wish we could maintain our handling skills on the job.......the fact is we can't and that goes for many carriers. So let's take a step back and stop behaving like certain ruling members of GCC countries.

One thing I will say, an escalation of the current situation is not good for any of the ME carriers. This spat will have an effect on all of our future bookings for this year and possibly next due to fears of instability in the Gulf. Again I could be talking out of my backside as price is usually king!

Here's hoping for a return to normality shortly.