PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2017, 12:32
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLBOS
You guys are classic. Anyone says anything bad about MAN, pull out the worse airport I've been to card and justify mediocre performance/bad decisions.
Well, it's not that at all is it? Rather than just reply with a quick 'witty' comment, maybe read what's actually being said.

It's not jumping in to defend mediocre performance, it's People are commenting that MAN is one of the worst airports, when in fact, it's really not and people providing examples of airports that are perceptively worse or no better.

Also, this seems to be where people fall down by saying things like 'mediocre performance/bad decisions'.

1- The security process isnt there to be convinent for the passenger, it's primary purpose is to screen passengers. It's a process, not a whimsical aspect of the airport experience.

2-when you say poor performance, you do realise the DfT rate MAN the most compliant airport in the UK. That to me shows MAN is doing exactly what it should be doing. Where is the 'bad decision' in that?

Frankly, rather than bitch at how slow/strict MAN security is, given its the best rated airport in the UK by the DfT, maybe your questions should be aimed at the other airports as to why they are not as compliant as MAN but may have slightly shorter queue times. Speed doesn't mean everything and I would rather take time to get it right than rush it and get it wrong. And before anyone says 'why not speed and accuracy', well, it's clearly not happening as you either have a high compliance airport or a fast transit time airport looking at the figures.....