PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways cabin crew suspend four-day strike
Old 11th Jun 2017, 10:22
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
It comes as no surprise that an airline (airline group, in fact) that treats its customers with contempt following the disruption that resulted from management incompetence also treats its staff in the same high-handed manner, displaying just as much management incompetence and sheer stupidity with its human resources management as it does with its IT management.

It is high time for two things to happen;

a) A clean sweep of the Augean stables in the boardrooms of IAG and the group companies and,

b) The Government (if there is one) to launch a case to force the group to drop the word "British" from the name of every company in the group that presently has it, on the grounds that it falsely represents the ownership and values of the group.

No-one can't force them to do (a), so they won't. But we surely can get (b) into motion. I suggest a Petition, which I'm happy to launch if there is support for it here.

It would do the industry a power of good if a way could be found (I think it can) to force BA to give up its stranglehold on Heathrow; ie to sell at least 50% of its LHR slots, evenly distributed over the time of day.

It would also be good if all that were done before the outfit implodes, rather than in the chaos of the aftermath of the implosion.

By the way, if anyone is comforting themselves with the notion that BA operational and maintenance standards are exemplary regardless of the top management, have a read of the report into a 2016 incident. Go to the last page if you are in a hurry.

Last edited by old,not bold; 11th Jun 2017 at 10:35.