PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "I have control"
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2017, 08:48
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Multi pilot minded crews have no problem with any of this but there are always some who think they know better than company SOPs

There are company SOP's and there are 'company' SOP's: and we all know occasions when SOP's have been 'adjusted' when the Chief Pilot changes. Many have their own little quirks. Would they fall under the category of "someone who thinks they know better than company SOP's?" It could be thought so because when they have the authority to change them they do so. No doubt they were 'in the ranks' whinging away at some historical method and itching to do something about it when they had the power.
I've flown for outfits where the CP was very conservative and when the old generation a/c were replaced by newer generation technology insisted the old SOP's be transferred as much as possible to the newer a/c which had been designed with a totally different philosophy. I've heard this was true in some airlines that had 3 crew a/c and then reverted to 2 crew ones, or had mixed fleets.
SOP's are written to be followed, yes; but IMHO they should not be the 10 commandments cast in stone and never to be debated for improvement.