PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadet program
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2017, 03:38
psycho joe

Location: shivering in the cold dark shadow of my own magnificence.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, to be clear I have no connection with the thread topic whatsoever, however I am familiar with the subject of recruiting generally.

Coop et al. It's important to understand that meeting the minimum requirements to apply for a position is no guarantee of success. Whilst it is true that I have no idea how you presented yourself, likewise you have no idea how others presented themselves either. It's also important to keep perspective, there's a difference between not being competitive in the selection process and outright rejection. You won't get detailed coaching from a recruiting department. This is real life and not high school, airlines have neither the resources nor the inclination to spend man hours coaching every unsuccessful applicant. The airline and the industry owes you nothing. How you react is entirely up to you. Pick yourself up and move on, or use this as an excuse to define the rest of your life. I'd suggest that you stop whinging, this isn't even close to the worst rejection that will confront you in this industry.

Also Jetstars new CP announced that she is pushing for 50% female pilot recruitment so if that isn't affirmitive action I don't know what is.
I believe that it was the CEO. Im aware of this statement in a paid advertorial and I've written at length about this on another thread. Essentially talk is cheap, recruiting is expensive. These days every airline department fights for, and is accountable for every dollar so results are essential. Furthermore, HR people are generally viewed as being expendable and most companies turn over hr people faster than rolls of toilet paper. Given that it takes a whole team of people to recruit every individual, a single hr person playing games by stacking a recruitment drive with unsuitable people would result in a massive failure rate, and subsequently a new HR vacancy.

Last edited by psycho joe; 11th Jun 2017 at 03:58.