PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2017, 12:08
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jamie,

I've used DUB on 3 occasions since the start of 2017.

One wait was approx 15 mins, the other about 35 and the 3rd occasion was about 45 mins (I put the latter down to being a busy Monday). Obviously those times are approximate as I certainly don't clock watch when I travel.

My point is that I'm not naming and shaming, and it also doesn't bother me, as I accept queues are just now an everyday part of aviation, but it's highlighting that all airports have issues.

And to answer the question about staffing versus passengers, the forecasts didn't envisage such huge growth in the face of Brexit and such, even the MAN TP forecast had us at 30m in 2020-2022 period, but looks like we may hit that next year at this rate, so, one could say yes, pax demand has outstripped staffing for a short while.

To me, I don't see why such moaning about numbers of trays and waiting.

Firstly, if 3 trays gets me through security, then so be it.

Secondly I don't see why such issues with waiting. Sure, it's a pain, but, I am personally not a user of duty free and such. But, if you are not waiting to check in, your waiting at security. If you are not waiting at security, you are waiting for a coffee. If you are not waiting for a coffee, you are waiting to board. In other words, the airport experience is just one big waiting experience. As long as I get to my plane on time, I genuinely couldn't give 2 hoots what happens before then.