PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne Air Traffic Control
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2017, 09:45
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A supposed aviation professional (an alleged RNP-AR designer, no less) asking if crosswind is broadcast on the ATIS. That's a worry.
Should you actually be AR qualified, you would have flown a procedure that I have designed.

It was not a question, I guess that was lost on you. Providing crosswinds is not a standard broadcast. IF crosswinds are provided, it has to be magnetic...as it is specific to a particular runway. (which, so you do not have to look it up, are in magnetic) that is why I was asking being facetious , not that you were actually able to provide the answer.

Not that there are the standards, and countries and airlines can have exemptions and modifications to the standards.
I can see by your typical responses, why Australia has had to provide as much detail as possible to the 'pilots' so they can figure out how to land the ac.
You call yourself a professional, yet appear to be a cut rate one. How is your AR qualification going? No matter, really.

Getting back to the original questions as to why AWOS, METAR, ATIS, and tower winds are different, I hope that has been answered.