PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2017, 09:18
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
So what is the barometer of measurement then, in that 20 minutes is fine, but 30 minutes is totally unacceptable? I've been in many European airports where the wait is 30 minutes or more on many occasions, Dublin included, so, I'd make sure the glass windows are up to strength before launching the proverbial stones.....

There were outbound passport checks by UKBF for the first time in ages, but, It wasn't so much there were procedure changes, just people more on edge than usual. I dont know what the coverage of the arena bombing was like in Ireland, but this attack affected a lot of people in the locality, passengers and staff alike, and was very close to the bone. Therefore, it's a difficult one to judge and cast blame on, it was a unique situation.
Im sure you have waited 30 mins at DUB but its very rare, way to costly in fines now.

The question people should be asking is with the large increase in traffic have MAN management responded and taken on additional staff. If numbers are rising more than 10% like previously reported you cannot have an efficient functioning security system where staff are overwhelmed by fhe volume of passengers.