PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 10th Jun 2017, 00:47
A320 Skipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To go or not to go to EK

Hello guys, I have been reading a lot about EK in the past months, I know most threads in here are about pilots suggesting not to apply, but I guess every situation is different. Could you be so kind to read my case and give me your opinion?

I currently fly the A320 in Mexico, I am single and my current airline offers quick time to command (4 years) but the Captain pay is not as good as you may think (About 3500 USD per month) flight hours about 80-87 per month, basically on a 6-1 working scenario, working enviroment is good, most captains are a pleasure to fly with and layovers are 12-24 hours rest. I could stay here and upgrade in about a year, but thats about it, no union of benefits. Another option is to sign with AeroMexico, who offers a nice union and benefits, but will fly E190, then 737 and in about 10 more years 787, all of this as FO, time to command is about 13-16 years for the 737 and the pay for 787 FO is about 3500 USD per month.

Will you consider leave all of this behind and apply for EK? Both the aircraft and salary will be a substancial increase, plus the time to command will be faster, not to mention the upgrade is on a 777/A380, not a 737/A320

Thank you all for taking the time to read this, best regards!