PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2017, 00:35
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am reading right here, people moaning at having a 30 minute security queue ? Do people really expect to just waltz straight through ! I've waited that long at Liverpool, not to mention nearly every other airport I visit. Nearly 50 mins last week at Hamburg, 45 mins at Orlando in November etc etc... Welcome to 2017 !
30 minutes is unusually long, 15-20 is more realistic. The only reasons it's 30 minutes is MAN keeping a lid on costs, many European airports don't get away with that luxury and why people will get annoyed with such queue's. You can't really bring the US into it considering the differences in procedures.

If it was border control, would you be fine with a wait of 30 minutes?

As eluded to in my last post, 30 minutes in security in a city that has just had a terror attack where the perpetrator unlikely acted alone so lots of people on high alert, not bad.

Would rather waste 30 mins of my life than something get missed and not have a life to waste 30 mins at all. Sound OTT but we live in a world where nothing is off limits, so, no good saying 'it's unlikely to happen'. Im sure that's what the 22 people leaving a concert were thinking too....
Unless procedures have changed it doesn't stand up and lets say that was the reason makes you wonder how much attention was paid prior.

If you wanted to be sympathetic to MAN you might argue that peak season has only really started and it might take them a little time to catch up and match resources with demand.
_
I don't think security in general is helped by the fact people feel like they are entitled to take the contents of a checked in bag on board an aircraft now.