PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Flying Schools for PPL
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2017, 22:46
SamBagnil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this situation also presents a clear conflict of interest. For schools to be profitable they need to generate enough revenue and that come in from flying hours. And for that, they need to make sure there are enough students flying and keeping the wheel churning. Can I fly the plane, yes, previous instructors have commented on my handling, landings before so there is a track record. Recently I flew with an examiner as well who had no issues with my skills as a student in terms of handling the aircraft be it flying around or landing. What I am seeing here is that there is a systematic approach of extracting every ounce they can; be it delays, issues as described above thrown in, churn of instructors, availability etc. what bothers me is that I read really good reviews on this school before I started with them, even here on Pprune but most of them are at least 7-9 years old. Since my time there as a student, almost all staff have come and gone. there is a high churn, the instructors left are probably the ones who can't get a job, the once who were any good, did and left ages ago.

Anyways focusing on the actual practicality of things. I do understand there is going to be a cost to change school at this late stage. what do you guys think those would be?