PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Flying Schools for PPL
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2017, 22:20
SamBagnil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Old Fat One
There is another explanation, but lets' not get into that.

Op, Change schools if you must, but understand this will cost you more money (absolutely fine if you have it.)

But also be honest with yourself...if these "issues" appear at your new school, it maybe that you are part of the problem.

I'm not insinuating anything...just giving sincere advice.
I did wonder if it was something I had done wrong or could have done better, it rattled through my head for days. The particular instructor allowed me to go solo nav after the said flight, another 2nd instructor the following day did a local flight and allowed me to go solo. The 1st instructor came up with this issue after 3 days. If he had issues he should have raised them right there and then, not 3 days after. And if there was a security concern, why allow me to go solo? Does it add up? What does bother me though is that on final, if I had not asked him and had put in the counter input it could have resulted in unstable flight/plane and a disaster? The other thing here is that if there was a concern, he should have taken control immediately without any hesitation which he didn't do at all.