PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2017, 13:40
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipness One Echo
Laptops come out of bags so they can be clearly seen amid cables, iPads and hard clutter. An item of clothing over the top is going to make what difference?
Let's just say jackets can have items in pockets, things like phones, cables, wallets. Rather than just say 'pop the jacket in another tray', would you rather they say 'pop everything out of the jacket pockets and then pop that down on the laptop'?

Also, if you see how small a detonator looks on an X-ray screen, even amongst simple things like jacket buttons and embellishments, you will see why they ask for them not to be on top.

I really don't see what the issue is here, if they ask for the jacket to not be over the laptop, just f**%#ing do it, it's hardly a torture or asking you to remove your right arm.

Also, as someone that has worked with mag in T3, the crew who bemoan T3 and claim to loathe it are usually crew who have left something in their bags so get searched, people who should know better really, but seem to fall foul every time they leave the comfort of their dedicated crew lane at CRC. Makes me wonder what the other airports are letting through and their standards after seeing the utter nonsense some crew seem to leave in their bags. Like the one member of CC I saw at T3 who was kicking off that 'T3 is s**t I always get stopped, while the security agent proceeded to pull a 7 inch bread knife out of their bag. Soon shut up then, didn't they!