PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2017, 10:28
Trav a la

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GavinC
the problem I have with security at T3 is that despite it being upgraded it is now not fit for purpose as the staff insist on spreading your things over 2-3 trays and then the trays get clogged up.
Yesterday I put my bag and laptop in one tray side-by-side with my suit jacket ontop of the laptop. This would have been fine before but they took the suit jacket and put it in a second tray as that is what they are now doing.
I'm not blaming MAN if that is what they have to now do but it's this splitting that was causing the issues. There was no queuing at all for the body scanners due to the delays loading the trays.
The reason is simple. Man has one of the most robust security procedures in the world, bar none.

Just spread your items out over as many trays as necessary as it make identification much easier for the scanner operator and prevents having to manually search and re scan bags.

Don't think that because other airports around the world do it quicker, it is better or more secure, it's not.

Manchester security checks take no risks in keeping PAX safe, thats a good thing.

I happen to know that items picked up from transfer PAX, re scanned upon arrival at Man, would make you realise how poor some airport security really is.

I for one do not want Man to be amongst that list.

The security staff at Man work long hard hours and are following their training, try being a little more understanding the next time you go through. Have a chat with them and ask what they want where, it makes the process quicker and more friendly.