PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (UK) Military 250kt limit
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2003, 23:07
Lucifer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guido, I'm not sure what you're talking about, but TCAS certainly is not a required fit on GA aircraft and never will be due to the weight penalty. What is madatory is having a transponder turned on where fitted.

The solution is the develpment of adequate military TCAS for fast jets, that won't give spurious alerts every five seconds - it is of course the faster in the sky that gives way to the slower - I'm not sure how you expect a Cessna to be able to manoevure out of a GR4's way at LL with adequate separation.

The problem is that civilians with the knowledge of square root of FA make our laws, fund the military and are often quite vocal. Educating the point, instead of telling them to ****** off as it's not their business will only aggravate the point.

PPLs are certainly not gash - military . Some are. So are some fast jet pilots. The biggest problem is the lack of training about military ops in PPL and ATPL which doesn't help at all - has anyone else seen FJ LL routes on a CAA chart.

For those who do need to go low level - which is incidenctally allowed with prior dispensation from the CAA for training or whatever purpose anyway - I propose that all civilians should be taught about LL booking system, and be able to use it as well where necessary (ie not simply PFLs or it would be overloaded!)

I am also now convinced that all airline executives knows everything there is to know about geopolitics and will bow down to their greater knowledge, ignoring all university education. Hanger35 - you're an ass.

reynolds no 1: civil traffic is limited to 250kts IAS in uncontrolled airspace in the UK - no speed restrictions beyond controllers' apply in controlled airspace.

My latest low flying complaint aginst me? At 600'. Guess where? Finals. *******!