PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 8
Thread: Flybe - 8
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2017, 12:14
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I said this a long time ago but what do BE expect when they start opening bases at the likes of East Midlands, Doncaster/Sheffield and Cardiff.

I mean, Doncaster/Sheffield - Berlin? Really?? Cardiff - Berlin, Dusseldorf, Munich, Rome and Milan? ...........???????

Obviously these bases only exist because subsidies sweetened the deal, but I expect they are structured to reduce over time. There is a reason why no scheduled airline touches these airports (even FR and EZY). LHR is an utter folly as well. It is common knowledge that the landing fees are designed to deter small aircraft from operating. They need to get rid of the junglejets which were also an utter folly. When the time is right, maybe they could get a good deal on some CS100's from Bombardier seeing as they are already a loyal customer with the Qs?

BE needs to focus on its core airports of Southampton, Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester, Newcastle, Edingburgh and Glasgow. These airports are strategically well placed to serve the regions and surely it would be more efficient to continue to grow these rather than open up additional bases at neighboring airports?