PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2017, 10:43
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've discussed this topic with various friends from various countries. They are not users of RYR, but they considered it as purely a reflection on company attitude towards customer service. All were in total opposition; not for the cost but for the principle. There are basic boundaries of customer service and they all thought this crossed them.
And that is where I think we should be looking. This seems nothing more than a culture that spends a great deal of effort to design strategies that says "where can we squeeze the customers to generate more profit." This is the end of a very thin wedge. What next? The old joke about €1 for the toilet seems not so very far fetched anymore.
If I thought it might be fun, but too dangerous in giving them ideas, we could have a humorous discussion about what is left for RYR to charge their customers. I am nervous after Wizz-Air started charging for hand baggage.
I really don't give a fig about the lower total price; it is a matter of principle. It makes me feel I am being treated with contempt, and that's not acceptable.
There is a discussion about the new culture at BA. Profit is taking priority over customer service. We have been on a slippery slope for 17 years and look how far we have slid. There are certain routes where train, car ferry over night, or day, or just a couple of hours longer by car is so much more pleasurable than airlines now. OK, there are many short-haul routes where air travel is the only option, but it is no fun or relaxing anymore. It's too much like having an operation for haemorrhoids.
Good luck to you all, but there is an old expression that "I expect to be kissed before I'm screwed."