PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadet program
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2017, 09:53
puff

Received 29 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Coopmeup
Hi Puff, I used a video as an example of how we must obviously be expected to display non-specified qualities in order to be successful. I didn't even make it that for - which you would have known if you had have read the thread properly instead of making a stupid ill-informed comment like a douche.
Nice coopmeup, I have read the thread properly, if you look back earlier in the thread I actually posted something that I thought might have entered into your head that whatever you had for your application might not have cut the mustard against other people external of the company, and people from within the company that have a demonstrated pattern of work and dedication and knowledge to the organisation. As for doing the video interview, yes they are BS...but you do realise that there is a 3 stage interview process to work at Bunnings to stack shelves?

Friendly bit of advice from someone actually in the industry, don't act like a douche(as you delightfully bought back) and act like the industry owes you anything. It's a tiny industry on the grand scale of things, and a crap attitude will find you not just getting rejected from this, but everything you ever go for.

Aviation needs skills and attitude, you might think you have one, but you have displayed so far you don't have the other.

As for nepotism, the first 2 courses had no Captain's children (women or not) on it, and plenty applied!

Mike - I suggest you hang around the airport a bit more and observe some of the VA cabin crew these days, they are not ALL the 20 year old blondes from 15 years ago.(Those still there are now approaching 40) Quite a large number of 45+ are being hired now.