PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadet program
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2017, 05:13
Flyboy1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Coopmeup
With all due respect Flyboy,

You do not know what was contained in my application and how I attempted to stand out. I think conveying a very high level of academic achievement, and displaying a professional manner with strong work history, great references, and a strong desire to 'get a foot in the door' should be sufficient to progress to at least some online psychometric assessments.

This is not Big Brother and I should not have to submit a video of me prancing around in a tutu to get the attention of the recruiters for a position which does not require that level of extrovertedness.
Whatever you submitted wasn't enough, you may have been borderline, they may have taken one look at your application and said no, who knows.

It's great you've studied maths and physics, but so have most pilots.

Don't take it personally and spend weeks thinking about the application you submitted, it was probably overseen by a member of HR who have no idea what to look for in a pilot, move on, your time will come.

It's no coincidence that these opportunities normally go to the applicants whose father is a widebody captain within the company. You'll watch the video the successful applicants make about how they grew up with aviation in their blood as they used to visit dad in the cockpit.

Work hard and it will eventually happen for you.