PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing seeks U.S. anti-dumping probe vs. Bombardier
Old 7th Jun 2017, 21:24
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no idea what's in their sales agreement, but I'd say somebody's telling you little porkies.
Delta also bought the C Series without HUD. Delta needs HUD if they ever decide to operate into LCY. Mandatory kit.
Here's another tid bit for you ...
Delta are now re-considering HUD for that reason and I doubt it would be for services to Bowling Green or Valdosta.
The feasibility of using the CS100 transatlantic out of KJFK or CYUL is suspect, and would be better left to the 787s or similar types, I agree. But I doubt AC or DL would provide services from either of those points exclusively for 100 economy fares. They could run a service like that out of Kitchener, or Binghamton though. Lots of new and viable City pairs off the east and west coast. You need to think outside the box as Delta route planners and Air Canada route planners are discovering.
The C series is outside of union scope. It will not be used by any Express carrier. So, call it a go-cart, call it whatever you like. It will gradually operate on regional services presently served by their regional partners. It will eventually create secondary hubs. They will likely suffocate those Regional partners, greatly reducing their size, and eventually reclaim most of the services they surrendered in the mid-80s when they dumped the inefficient classic airliners in favour of smaller, cheaper turbo props and RJs.

Willie