PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Outback Pilots on Ch 7
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2017, 12:48
111fairchild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long time reader, first time posting etc.

I can't help but notice the common theme in many previous posts is an overall negative impression of the show. I however enjoy a bit of the spotlight on the Aussie GA scene. Especially when we've got guys and girls trying to get a start in the industry and they don't even know where any of these places are as suggested in another recent thread.

The show has done well to cover a variety of niche operations across a massive geographical area and with a balance of fixed wing and rotary. I will admit that there is the odd slip up with subtitles and editing scenes, but overall it doesn't detract greatly from the entertainment.

If you find your watching it and can't help yourself from rolling your eyes... lighten up Not everyone is in aviation to pump up their own tyres by denigrating and casting aspersions on others. Although you are certainly entitled to your own opinions.

I will admit that I do expect a certain degree of journalistic licence throughout the show. Because of this it doesn't come as any great shock when it does pop up. I am reminded of the story of the truck driver who used to get really stressed and annoyed when other drivers would cut in front of him and display other risky manoeuvres. When asked how often these incidents happened, he said at least a few times a day. When it was pointed out to him that these events were likely to continue happening, it greatly reduced his stress reaction because he could reliably predict their occurrences in the future. It then became a case of nothing new to get upset about, so why throw the remote at the TV? Lol.