PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2003, 19:24
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JP

If you've got the time to read the whole of this and previous threads, you will find out all about the background to my comments.

I do indeed know your views, and respect them. I, and others, however find it hard to blame the dead without proof beyond any doubt whatsoever that it should rest with them. I have said before, John, that none of us here deny that negligence was a possible cause. It simply has not been proved.

Try for size the fact that the woeful icing clearance of the Chinook Mk2 restricted their flight that day to 2500ft in the area of the Mull (the 4degree isotherm), well below MSA and quite likely a factor in their route choice.

There were many other shortcomings in both the aircraft, and the SH world's command and control structure which may have been submitted to scrutiny had the blame not been (conveniently) placed squarely on the pilots.

Had the lives of these valuable people not been put at risk by placing them in an aircraft which had not been properly allowed in to service by Boscombe Down, then we would not be having this argument.

All is not black and white here, and we will not go away until we secure a just outcome.