PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2017, 20:32
Trav a la

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In reply to Charlie Roy's post (3818)

Another hinderance that you did not mention, maybe because it's not a problem to you, is the 90 bag rule, unique to RA I believe.

On my last trip, while at the gate, I was told that I could not take my cabin bag on board. When I said it contained expensive camera equipment and would they guarantee it's security, a bit of an argument followed. Holding up the rest of the queue in the process.

In the end I had to remove all my camera equipment and sit with it all on my lap. Great, what a pain! and each item was quite heavy and solid so it would have been dangerous had we hit severe turbulence. You really don't want stuff like that flying around the cabin like cruise missiles.

When I book flights for myself and Mrs T-A-L I have both our boarding cards on the app on my phone, so if we have to board front and rear there is a problem, well kind of, they sometimes call each other to confirm or just allow her to board without a boarding card of her own. Is there supposed to be a procedure for this circumstance?

When you add all these inconveniences together RA seem very unfriendly, no matter what they say.

Oh, and of course RA are the only airline that I know who charge an EU261 levy on every passenger for every sector flown.