PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Forces braced for more cuts .....
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2017, 20:30
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reading between the lines on ricardian's linkly above (which is to Portsmouth's Evening News)....taking a large ship out of re-fit or build isn't easy. I've done it. I've said before on here and I will say it again, the Navy needs to copy civilian offshore practices and put people onto sensible rotations. 35 days on/off.42 days on/off. And so forth. The result not to do so.. will be otherwise as we are seeing.
There is also a requirement for people to work a far more flexible hire and fire routine. Let people come in and go out as they wish...if someone really is between jobs in the civilian sector ie an electrician, and they have RN experience and suitable security vetting then they should be brought in on STC. Its not rocket science- all companies work like this offshore.
The OFO - Possible that the current attacks will trigger increased taxes if the money can be shown to have an impact ie more armed response police training. I think its nailed on for increases if JC gets in, and possibly more so than recently from PM under pressure to save her job.
What happens if these attacks become monthly, or even weekly like we have seen in Iraq/Syria and elsewhere? Don't say it cant happen. Personally, I hate to say it, but I'm expecting more-witht the resultant pressure that ratchets onto our democracy.