PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vic Govt legislates on landing fees
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2003, 16:27
Islander Jock

I don't want to be the best pilot in the world - Just the oldest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day Citation,

Nothing new here. Whether it is Airservices, Avdata or other reporting agency that records the landing data, the invoice is usually forwarded to the C of R holder unless a third party has signed an agreement with that agency to be responsible for the landing fees. I know we have done this with ASA but not sure if Avdata have a similar provision.

We operate a number of aircraft on behalf of other people and because we collect all the landing fees it is easier for the invoices to be processed by us rather than back through the various owners.

Pilots using false or no callsigns over the radio to avoid landing fees is another problem. From what I can see thus far, the Vic govts legislation is not going to change anything here. We often receive invoices for landing fees at airfields on the other side of the country for our little bugshmashers that rarely venture more than an hour or two east of Perth. A note sent back with the invoice stating that at the time the aircraft was not in the state usually puts the matter to rest. One possible scenario where this could get tricky would be if in fact one of our planes was over east on extended hire and just happened to have it's callsign fraudulently used by another.