PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2017, 03:48
A320.b744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
You sure about that? You are aware that AA have already operated the B788 to MAN (IIRC it was actually the second European airport to see it). It currently operates, or will operate to LHR/BCN/MAD/DUB/FCO to name a few airports.
AA may indeed have operated the B788 to MAN once or twice, but it is not mean that the B788 is the regular aircraft operating the route - the B752 and B763 are used almost exclusively.

I said that the only European routes regularly served by the B788 are LHR and BCN, not that those were the only European routes that would ever be operated by the B788. AA want to use their modern aircraft on their flagship routes. All of the routes you mentioned above are IAG hubs - they seem pretty important to me. MAN is not a key destination in the IAG/oneworld network, so I can't see it being regularly served by the B788 for the foreseeable future.

Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
Given that oversight, as well as calling MAN-ORD one of their 'shortest routes', I'll leave it there in poking holes in your other statements.
At only 3,826 miles, ORD-MAN is one of AA's shortest transatlantic routes. The fact that the B752 can operate the route is proof of this. It makes a lot more sense for AA to use the B763 and B752 on ORD-MAN instead of wasting a B788 which has the ability to reach PVG etc.