PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2017, 23:43
pilot9249

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
Surely the AA B787 would need to be a feature at MAN for it to be considered a swap.

Currently, we are talking about swapping a BA machine (whether it be B777/B787 or otherwise) for an outdated AA B767 which still doesn't feature the basics like seat back TV's. Even low cost airlines feature that, hence why airlines like TCX are eating AA's dinner.

I mean, Christ, the AA flights struggle to even leave their point of origin for Manchester these days, and the ones that do are horrendously delayed. Seems to me basing the aircraft at the other end of the route might be a good antidote to the unreliable service!
Yes but I think you miss my point.

I'm not arguing the service couldn't be improved. Clearly it can.

Today it doesn't support an AA 788.

763/752 is their preferred choice. Capital expired equipment on extended run-out is what the route will support.

On this route AA and BA are effectively the same airline. There's no sensible reason to suppose they have significantly different cost structures for the same airframe. That would break the JV.

New equipment is expensive.

If the route doesn't support an AA 788 today, why on earth would it support a BA 788?

If it will support a 788 tomorrow, why does it matter who operates it?

Last edited by pilot9249; 6th Jun 2017 at 00:20.