PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help for Shoulders - Torn rotator Cuff
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2017, 16:28
Rossian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Recovery is rarely a speedy process....

.....In 1973 I fell at my childrens' first school sports breaking my collar bone and dislocating my right shoulder. My GP (a Dr Finlay type) got my wife to put her weight on my left shoulder and there were some weird clicks and clunks as he heaved the joint around while my wife fainted and I followed suit.
It more or less worked but with regular clicks.
Twenty years later in Langkawi I was getting the full monty all body massage from this wiry little bloke who could have undone Scammel wheelnuts with his finger and thumb. He patted my right shoulder and wanted to know what had happened (no common language lots of gestures). "Ah no go back right" and looked at me questioningly. "OK go for it" says I. More delicate heaving and twisting and a soggy clunk and it went into place. Where it stayed for another twenty years without any clicking.
Add on another twenty years and I'm in Chiang Mai now getting the full monty Wat Po massage (an hour and a half of serious work). This time it's a roly poly Thai Aunty ( she could do Scammel wheelnuts too) and again she focusses on my right shoulder and manipulates it back into place again. Where it resides silently to this day.

I'm sure there is something to be said for a more "hands on" approach to skeleto-muscular complaints than we see in Western type medicine.

The Ancient Mariner