PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is an ATPL equal to BSc or BA?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2017, 13:09
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PDR.. I'm sorry if I caused you and others offencewith my comments, I accept that MRAES may be the first step to professional accreditation. I have checked the RAES wedsite, and you need to have a degree and four years experience or without a degree fifteen years experience, plus the fee.

I have to say, my view was rather jaundiced, beause I have known people in the adscence on post nominal in the form a degree or chartered status have 'bought' a MRAES as a post nomininal, to give the impression they are more qualified than they are when seeking consultancy work. I think it would be better if the M was removed it give the impression of a masters, why not simply use RAES as a post nominal.

As for post nominals in surgery a MRCS incolves post graduate exams to be passed, likewise does FRCS again its based on further exams. I believe MRCP which GP's have is the same process.

In respect of I and probably everyone else on this thread upon payment of £302 to the RAES, could put MRAES after their name, which rather goes against how you describe it as part of a developmental process. As for me I think two academic post nominals is enough and as to my membership of RAES, as Groucho Marx said 'I would never want to a meber of a club who would have me as a member'

Again PDR, soory for any offence and clarifying the position.

Last edited by Homsap; 6th Jun 2017 at 17:28.