PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you looked after when you park the plane for a clean?
Old 5th Jun 2017, 11:55
Emgee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you looked after when you park the plane for a clean?

Hello to the forum, this is my first post and I hope it finds you in the right place!

I'm doing some research for an article I'll be writing for the IPA newsletter later this year and I'm keen to get some feedback from pilots and flight crew with regards how you are looked after - after you drop your plane off to be cleaned and valeted. I'm probably appealing more to pilots who fly private or business jets but I am also interested in how pilots with some of the large carriers are also looked after post flight (or not as the case maybe!).

I work for a facilities management company based in the Diamond hangar at Stansted Airport. Much of the work we do is on the ground but we are keen to develop our recently established division dedicated to plane valeting. As part of our service we'd like to look after the crew as well! What are the little things that will help you unwind post flight before you head for home? How do you transition from work mode to going home to the family?

All suggestions are welcome!

Many thanks, Mark