PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON -3
Thread: MANSTON -3
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2017, 20:47
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by southside bobby
Becoming hilarious.....a couple of posters from a struggling airport pouring scorn on a totally failed airport....keep it up.....
If you're referring to me Bobby then which airport thread, of the many that I have posted in, are you referring to as 'struggling'?

My local airport goes from strength to strength, when I arrived here 6 years ago we had two flights per week, ATR72's, one on a Monday and one on a Friday albeit only on one hour sectors as that is all the length of runway would permit.

Over the past 4 years, it has taken them that long, to extend off one end of the runway by about the size of a postage stamp whilst we now have a terminal building and no longer have to wait in the open air ... although I do still prefer to wait in the airport car park until the ATR72 has performed it's flyby over the top before making it's visual approach to land.

These days we're up to as many as 4 or 5 flights daily, up to 3 ATR72's and 2 BAe146-100's and in another few years, or however long it may take them to extend off the other end of the runway, we might even be able to accept Q400's and BAe146-200's.

And, who knows, in the future they may even think about introducing such things as fuel and runway lights and, if they really push the boat out, even an instrument aid such as an NDB.

Have a nice day Bobby!