PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is an ATPL equal to BSc or BA?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2017, 15:25
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PDR1 ... yes your comments on chartered status are interesting. but it always amuses me when people put MRAES after their name.

As to noflynomore. There is of course a fetish about degress, I think in the in the 1970 only about five percent of people leaving school went onto university, and I'm not sure how many go to university these days, but due to the large number, the government had no choice to apply tuition fees. I was under the impression that in the seventies in respect of Officer Cadets, graduates went to RAFC and non graduates went to RAF Halton, or am I wrong. The good thing about the RAF in the last thirty years is they look for potential in terms of leadership, teamwork and of course academic sucess, it was 5 GCE in the eighties, I think you now need A levels, but not a degree.Did the RAF ever only accept applicants for GDP's from graduates?

Also, ATPL in a year? I have a niece doing a Bsc in Physiotherapy, I will check with her but I guess like nursing or radiography it's probably a third academics and two thirds practical. So getting back to the ATPL, you couldn't do the flying hours and academics in a year. Again equating on time, I remember a head of training in a well known euuropean airline, suggesting that a BSc could easily be achieved in two years, the academics at this conference were livid, he was of course correct, if academic terms were longer or should I say full time and students were not spendind their summers inter railing, BUNAC, or whatever they do these days.