PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "...prior to level acceleration."
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2001, 18:06
OzExpat

Thumbs up

Yes Rusty all true and consistent with what I said about the design. I opted not to bother with the detail about MOC and minimum height above the aerodrome.

The way in which your company complies with any requirement on any instrument procedure, should be covered in company documents. I'm assuming, of course, that you work for an international airline. And, of course, they would only need to make reference to it in Emergency Procedures documentation, unless the specific procedure requires performance that your aircraft cannot sustain in normal operations.

None of the Pans Ops criteria takes account of depleted performance due to inflight emergency (ie engine failure). This is why your company should have specific procedures in place, in the Emergency Procedures section of your manuals, or wherever your state of registry requires the information to be kept.

I daresay that the aviation regulator in your state of registry would even insist that your company provides that sort of information to its' crews. And, just as an aside, if a procedure is developed strictly for noise abatement purposes, the state issuing the procedure really should make this clear. If there is no such statement, it is reasonable to conclude that the procedure is related strictly to terrain clearance which, of course, is far more important than rattling a few windows.

------------------
Once a king, always a king.
But once a nite's barely adequate!