PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2017, 18:55
Danny42C

Chugalug (#10775),

My cri de coeur (#10665) was intended for the "Spitfire Photos - John Dibbs" Thread. But I had a "Senior Moment" (not my first, and will not be the last !) and put it on here (Mea Culpa).

But thank you for the pic of the two Very Senior Officers in full fig - don't they look grand ! But "c'est magnifique - mais ce n'ést pas un Spitfire".

Will now repeat my plea in the proper place, and meanwhile stand in corner with Dunce's cap.

Your (#10779),

Oddly enough, my memories of that age (5) are limited to this: at my primary school my desk was next to that of one Eileen O'Hara. The grown-ups got the idea that we were sweethearts (God knows where they got that from), and went "Aaah" ....

In fact we detested each other. She was a rotten little snitch who went sobbing to Teacher every time I pulled her pigtail, and I got walloped ! And she accused me of pinching her Plasticene (when I'd only borrowed a bit, and would've let her have it back if asked nicely.

Women !

''''''''''''''''''''''
Tengah Type (#10777),

Surely you can add in your time on the Retired List, for after 50 years they must have given you a Pension ? With that stuck on, you may well have pipped me at the post !

Any other takers ?

Cheers, both. Danny.