PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2017, 08:21
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NorthEasterner
Or if you want to be seated together, be sensible and pay for a reserved seat. Only £2 for a seat. Saves the hassle of complaining.
This is not the case. Seats cost "From £2". I booked a late October to Girona this week, seat map was totally empty at time of booking. There were no £2 seats, they all started at £4. I didn't book any but I probably will later.

That cost increases from £4 to £6 for the same seat after purchasing the flight and retrospectively attempting to buy the same seat. (2 mins after completing the booking!)

I refused to fly Ryanair for 10 years after a shocking customer service experience. It seemed things had improved recently so I decided to give them another chance.

Now the misinformation and contempt for passengers appears to be returning. Don't get me wrong, Im not complaining about prices, my issue is the policy of deliberately misleading and forcing people to pay to sit together.

Someone more knowledgable than me can answer this, is this constant seat swapping a safety issue? Can the aircraft become unbalanced in an event that people start vacating their seats for an empty one beside travel groups? Obviously this can be dealt with when on the ground (they can refuse to depart if pax dont take their allocated seats), but once in the air it becomes a lot more difficult.