PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hijack attempt on Malaysia Airlines
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2017, 04:54
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can I ask how much bomb threat training is given for a ATPL and/or a type rating?
Band a lot,
I do know what training is given at one particular airline, and it is detailed and quite comprehensive --- using real world expeience.

It would be silly to try and put that in license training, as it would, perforce, be so general as to be useless. Nor is type rating training the place, for the same reason.

The place where it should be (and in my experience in two countries and their systems) is with the operators emergency procedures initial and recurrent, along with frequent updates to those who "need to know".

Sadly, in my opinion, it looks like the Melbourne incident revealed the same kind of amateur hour Keystone Kops as revealed in the Sydney siege Coroners Report. For the police services, not a one off, but a systemic problem, and if my experience is anything to go by, the result of petty internal bureaucratic political priorities ( as well, probably, politicians' political "priorities") nonsense taking precedents over "real world" issues.

Tootle pip!!

PS: Having had some experience with Thunder-flashes, (flash bangs) I can well imagine, in Sydney, what resulted in the foyer group. I "shakes m' head" in wonder. As for the police "shooter" firing 17 rounds at one target ???