PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill
Thread: Biggin Hill
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 06:43
noneya

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Boys and Girls,

The Biggin Hill trip is now in the books and I am happy to report we had a very successful trip. I was not able to do the trip this time but I did get a report back from the other crew.

1. The staff was very nice, very helpful, and actually took a great interest in seeing to the passenger's and crew's needs both on arrival and departure. - The our crew could not say enough great things about the service, "Best they have ever received in London" The FBO was very inviting and nicely appointed.

2. The boss was happy because customs was very fast, and the hotel ride did not take any additional time.

3. We had a Gulfstream FAST team come to take care of a few minor issues we were having and they also had no issues accessing the plane or receiving any equipment they needed.

Only negatives this trip were know prior to arrival...

1. Coming from the west (KTEB) you have to over fly the airport before being vectored back for the approach. Nothing new here, and it is not normal for us, as we normally come to London from places far to the East

2. Parking might be an issue someday as the ramp is small. But was not an issue for us this trip.

3. The drive to the city, as everyone is aware, is not on a motorway but through residential area. Again not unknown, and not an issue time wise, just a fact.

All in all, our passengers and crew loved the experience it will be our new airport of choice while visiting London.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences in this tread.

Kind regards,
J