PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So what's happening at Mangalore?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2017, 03:34
IFEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're probably right Ixixly, I was just venting my spleen a bit. I'm only talking about your every day lighty and avgas of course. I'm just getting sick to death of where this is all heading. I mean what's next..?

'Sorry, you're not allowed to refuel your aircraft until you've attended and passed the CASA approved course in GA Aircraft Refuelling. Please click on the link to contact the authorised training provider. That will be $75 for us and $200 to the course provider. Oh, and it will need to be renewed every 2 years to make sure you haven't forgotten how to do it, and to keep abreast of the raft of changes we've made to the regulations since then'.

Seriously, the point I was trying to make was that as long as you understand the reg's and have been shown the correct refuelling procedure, all that other stuff is just superfluous nonsense. I mean its not rocket science! Once you know what you're doing its no more dangerous than refuelling your car. And there are countless morons out there safely doing that at service stations around the nation every day!

Getting back on topic though, it would appear that LexAir might be on to something regarding a 'white knight' at MNG. Nothing definite yet but things are happening behind the scenes apparently. Here's hoping they can get some sort of deal over the line