PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2017, 09:54
MDS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sober Lark
The airline provides you with a seat to your destination. If you want to sit together you pay its simple. I want to sit with my partner on an Emirates flight to South Africa and they charge me.

What makes the British complain so much about everything? Radio 4s listeners branded them 'biased and unconventional'. Ryanair bad, Easyjet good, the whinging makes me sick.

If you want something to complain about, see what Brexit has in store for you with your future seating plans.
Not sure what nationality has to do with this. I'm not even British.

Other airlines will always seat passengers together (albeit the location is not their choice) pending availability. Ryanair opt to purposely split passengers on a single reservation across the aircraft.

ie: 13A/13B and 21E/21F are the last seats available. If two passengers on the same reservation book together, logic (and FR's old system) dictates one booking gets row 13, and the other 21. However under the new system it would sit one of each in row 13 and one of each in row 21, splitting apart the booking across the aircraft.

So instead, now PAX will play musical chairs before the flight and during; thereby making the bar service absolute hell from a crew perspective. PAX changing seats, blocking aisles, luggage split across the aircraft after landing thereby delaying disembarking, etc.

I fly Ryanair dozens of times a year and it's my go-to airline over the likes of easyJet, however first-time users of Ryanair aren't likely to be converted if this is their first experience.