PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2017, 08:29
GLAEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sober Lark
In the event of an emergency, the person (stranger) seated beside the child will have to take responsibility for the child's safety.

In addition there are Child protection issues - laws don't allow an unvetted stranger access to children in this way. Then you'd have to ask what type of parent would prefer not to pay a small charge to have their children seated next to them under their watchful eye.
Sorry WHAT, you have to pay a premium so that your child isn't seated next to a convicted sex offender!! Just so Ryanair can make a bit more money!! Why should families be split it's better for all of your passengers they're seated together! Why, as can happen "hit a bit of turbulence" should you as a stranger look after a child that is deeply upset because their parent is 10 rows away! Also seriously I don't want a 4 year old sat next to me that's not my own, imagine they got travel sick 😷 . Also human beings are indeed selfish (look at the studies) if it was your life or the child's not everyone will save the child! Also can't be fun all the seat changes now where is my cabin bag now, is it at my old seat or at my new one.

FR should be complying with CAA rules if operating in the U.K. That's the reason we don't have PIA flights that have bits falling off due to there poor maintenance operating to the UK they have to use the newer maintained aircraft with the Boeing maintenance contracts.

I can't believe anyone is defending FR on this subject. Though BA have started flying with no one seated in the Exit row as that's a premium seat. In my day as a dispatcher these seats needed to be filled to make sure the doors are opened quickly this included crew moving people on board if check-in failed to place someone there. Seemly making money now out weighs peoples lives. As I've said if a FR flight has a Manchester event and a child not seated with their family dies or is injured all the profit FR makes out of its £2 charge will be gone in compensation they'll be forced to pay even in an Irish Court. I know some bean counter has already done that bit of maths. Yes if you want to charge for groups to be seated together then 18 & over. Though having had to deal with rowdy or criminal behaviour associated with Stag & Hen parties I can't imagine the pain of having to be seated next to them as they spread their crap all over the plane rather than being seated in one area together.

Last edited by GLAEDI; 1st Jun 2017 at 08:33. Reason: Grammar