PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report of plane missing near Renmark SA
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2017, 03:05
Richard C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
Yes slippery pete I am speculating, it is however "educated" speculation, given the location, time of and disposition of the wreckage, it's difficult to imagine it's anything other than a stall/Vmca event for whatever reason.

The photos of the wreckage certainly look like a low forward velocity impact.

Did we get an answer on the FDR/CVR question? Given the 1980 manufacture date, if fitted they'd have to have been later additions. It's occurred to me in the past that my car is better equipped for post-accident investigation than a lot of GA aircraft, just by having a $100 dashcam.

I didn't know Martin - he came on to the SA aviation scene after I retired but I first met Paul when he was in his 20s and worked with Steve when I was with KD in the 1990s. They were aviators in the best senses of the word and really nice guys too. They'll all be missed.

There's a Wikipedia entry on the crash that a contributor from the UK has slated for deletion on the basis that the accident is of little significance and "light twins crash all the time". Firstly I think it's a mistake to equate a C441 with (say) a C310, secondly this is the first fatal accident for an operator with 50 years of safe operation under its belt and thirdly I think this may be the first ever loss of a civilian turbine aircraft in South Australia.