PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Travel Legalised Theft
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2017, 23:13
SandL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExSp33db1rd
British Airways arbitrarily "removed" a promised Staff Travel life time "concession" ( and there's the rub, it is a concession, not contractual ) from "older" retirees about 7 years ago, and allowed employees to take a "travel companion" and change that companion every 6 months, so theoretically, if working from age 20 to 65, they can take 90 people who have never even passed through the B.A. doors. To achieve that they kicked out those who had helped forge the once great airline that they now have the privilege of working for. Nice.

All I can do now is ensure that. B.A. get none of my money when I buy tickets.

I'm sorry you feel that you are being scalped on staff fares.
we are sooo angry about this the severence deal was staff travel for length of returement then they said it's a concession that can be removed at any time.
I am amazed the union has not taken this up. but as a pensioner we are not members of the union ,,, maybe ABAP will take it up ... legally
I would be happy to join a fighting fund
"staff travel" as a "product" still exists , but by splitting off pensioners it is discrimination it's also part of a contract so specific performance should come into it ... or compensation..