PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LCY Remote Tower
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2017, 15:19
ZOOKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good egg,

I can't answer post 153 as I have no access to the relevant documentation. I suspect that the MATS 2 for EGPF may contain some of the answers though.

Distraction is one of them

The history of ATC is littered with incidents caused by distraction.....Or by pairs of eyeballs not being in place to look at things said eyeballs should have been looking at.

If EGLC need to demolish ATC to build another parking stand, why don't they fill in that bit of the dock south of the runway, instead of demolishing one of the 'nerve-centres' of the airport?

That stretch of waterway, filled in with clay and aggregates, would provide possibly 20 additional a/c stands. It's hardly a great destination for shipping, with several car-parks on the south bank and a taxiway-loop/runway on the north bank.

Raw material supply shouldn't be a problem......They're always tunnelling under London, (amazing the city is still standing.........., actually), and there will be more clay/rocks on offer when they build the new R/W over at Gonzo's place.

Surely NATS should be working with it's customers and "thinking outside the box"?.......Planning ahead?

Last edited by ZOOKER; 1st Jun 2017 at 16:08.