PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Report of plane missing near Renmark SA
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2017, 12:57
Horatio Leafblower

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts
Paul was in fact quite experienced on the aircraft type and had in fact flown for Rossair before over a long period of time, he was simply going back after a long break.
To me, Xeptu, this too is ripe with danger.
I didn't know anyone on that aircraft beyond occasional phone conversations. Nothing in the following points a finger or casts aspertions upon the 3 flight crew - but following from Flying Bear's comments, I have questions.

What had Paul flown in the intervening years? What were the power lever arrangements in those aircraft?
What had Martin flown in the last 10 years?
How much C441 time had Guerin flown in the last 3-5 years?
How much training had Martin received prior to this flight in his role as ME Instructor/Check pilot?

Was the power lever lifted over the gate and the Start locks engaged?
Did the pilot in the RHS pull the power lever back hard to flight idle?
Where were the hands? Who was holding what? what does the Rossair C&T manual say about who does what and with which and to whom?
Did someone fumble and **** up?
What other multi-faceted ****ups could have caused the holes to line up?

There are a huge number of questions raised by this one. 3 x very experienced pilots means that it could be a VERY interesting event.

A CASA FOI onboard gives us call to closely watch the ATSB investigation, especially in the light of the Norfolk Island investigation in which CASA was implicated and it appears ATSB acted to protect the Minister.

Vale.

Last edited by Horatio Leafblower; 31st May 2017 at 13:22.