PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jos in Iran ?
Thread: Jos in Iran ?
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2017, 10:00
luvly jubbly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AQIS Boigu
Totally incorrect - I have been to Iran and I hold an ESTA
It is you who are totally incorrect.
I too have been to Iran. And used to have an ESTA until the US authorities cancelled it..

I suggest you enter the USA legally with a B1/B2. It lasts 10 years so is easier than the ESTA.

My Email from CBP:

ESTA Status Change

You are receiving this message because you are no longer authorized to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program.

In the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015, travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program:
Those who have had presence in, or travel to Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011
Those nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan or Syria
Please view additional details regarding the new requirements at www.cbp.gov/ESTA.

If you do not believe these new restrictions apply to you, you may contact CBP with questions regarding your individual case. Please see additional details and contact information at https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask.

Please note, you still may be eligible to travel to the United States with a valid nonimmigrant visa. You should evaluate any current or future travel plans to the United States, and, when possible, apply for a nonimmigrant visa approximately three months in advance of your desired travel. If your travel is imminent, most U.S. Embassies and Consulates worldwide have short wait times for visa interviews, and expedited appointments are available at most locations for urgent business, medical, or humanitarian travel.

To begin the process to apply for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa, you will find information and application materials at travel.state.gov.

Last edited by luvly jubbly; 31st May 2017 at 10:33.