PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Records Check - time to come clean, or what ?
Old 30th Aug 2003, 20:34
Celtic Frog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proof of whereabouts

This problem goes deeper. A few years ago I had to apply for an airside pass at Luton Airport. (Having continuously held various UK airport ID passes for about 15 years at that time) I had to show proof of where I'd been for previous 2 years. I showed them all evidence of where I lived and who I'd worked for, but I had left previous job 2 weeks earlier in order to organise and undertake the house move to Luton. During this 2 weeks I had stayed in various B & Bs and didn't claim unemployment benefit. the beaurocrats at Luton "security" tried refusing me an ID pass because I couldn't "prove" where I'd been for that 2 weeks, and refused to accept that I'd been moving house.
My girlfriend at that time was in exactly the same situation as me and got the same treatment.
I sarcastically asked the question that if I could prove that I had been abroad working for some illegal organisation, would that be OK? "Yes" was the reply...just as long as I could prove where I'd been.
If legislation is going to be enforced about declaring criminal convictions, something must be done to filter out the stupidity of power trip addicts.