PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LCY Remote Tower
View Single Post
Old 30th May 2017, 21:02
ZOOKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do you need all this complicated kit to do what is, in essence, a fairly simple job.

Why do you need to overlay 'data' on top of visuals? It doesn't matter if it's on windows, screens, or a HUD/Virtual Reality Hat.

What data will be displayed?

The controller has still got to look down at the strips/EFD display to update it, and consult the ATM as to the local traffic situation/distances from touchdown/turns onto track, etc.

If someone can't work out/remember the identity of the a/c they can see out the windows, which are under their control, could i suggest that they may be in the wrong profession?

If you can't see out of the windows, chances are you'll be in LVPs, and working from the EFD Panel/ATM/A-SMGCS screens anyway?

There's something I read about incorporating 'heat-sensing technology' too. How can you positively identify an aircraft based on an infra-red camera spotting a few flames? What are the EGT limits which will ensure identification is maintained?

I hope I'm proved wrong, but this seems to be the over-complication of a fairly straight-forward task, for the benefit of managers, share-holders and accountants......With the possibility of 'information-overload thrown in, too boot.

Last edited by ZOOKER; 30th May 2017 at 21:13.